Gone are the days when we had to wear heels with our little feminine dresses. The streetwear totally messed manners by bringing the sneaker head of the trendiest looks of the moment. If you thought wearing a dress with sneakers was cheesy, think again. The sneaker-dress association has it all. Whether you wear a short or long dress, just choose the right pair of sneakers . To help you see more clearly, we have looked for the most trendy dress-sneaker looks of the moment. How to wear a dress with sneakers? What sneakers to choose with your dress?
The perfect style of the cool and trendy girl
The combination of sneakers and dress works perfectly for a very simple reason. If you can combine the two and your outfit looks good, then you have style. You seem dressed in an ultra-cool way in no time. This gives you the status of the stylish girl! This style of outfit is worn on all occasions, whether you go out to dinner with friends or go for a walk in town, you will be very comfortable with sneakers without having to wear pants.
A comfortable outfit for all seasons
Did you think the dress-sneaker looks reserved for summer outfits? Well no, the advantage of this kind of look is that you can wear them all year round. One more opportunity to take out our little dresses in the middle of winter while being comfortable. Some ideas of trendy associations to wear a dress with sneakers in winter:
- Long dress + Oversized knit + sneakers
- Long dress + perfecto + sneakers
- Long dress + denim jacket + oversized scarf + sneakers
- Short dress + opaque tights + sneakers
- Short dress + loose cardigan + sneakers
What tights to choose with dress-sneakers? It all depends on the style of your dress and its print. The safest value is a pair of opaque tights. You can even wear white sneakers with your tights. Don’t be afraid to wear oversized sweaters and knits over your dress. Just add an elegant handbag and some jewelry to add some pep to your outfit.
How to wear a long dress with sneakers?
Long dress with romantic style
If you are used to Instagram and fashion blogger looks, you have certainly heard of Navy Paris . This young Parisian designer specializes in chic and comfy looks and provides us with all the inspiration we need to create feminine sneaker dress looks . Romantic spirit and loose cut , long flowing and vaporous dresses, the Instagrammer’s looks are easy to wear in everyday life… To break and modernize the romantic spirit of the long flowing dress, sneakers are perfect. They can be chosen thin, thick or with wedges. What matters is choosing a model that is consistent with your outfit.
- So opt for two-tone or plain sneakers (Air Force 1, GGDB Sstar, Falcon Adidas or Fila).
- White sneakers are a great choice because they go with everything.
- If you can, make a discreet color reminder between your sneakers and your dress.
- Feminize your outfit with chic accessories: a pretty handbag, beautiful jewelry, a scarf in your hair, etc.
The long dress in retro style
If there is one style of dress that lends itself to the association of long dress with sneakers , it is the little dresses in retro style! Polka dot dresses, vichy dress, button dress … Sneakers totally contrast with the vintage spirit of this style of dress and bring a touch of perfect modernity for a successful look. The Van’s have a retro feel and modern at once, so they are a great option to wear sneakers with a polka dot dress .
The long dress in animal print
Leopard, zebra, python, the animal print has invaded the fashion world and continues to seduce fashionista around the world. Women often mistakenly believe that animal print is difficult to wear and match, and yet it is very easy. Just pair it with a pair of sneakers! With this combination, you will soften the feline and rebellious allure of the animal print and obtain an ultra-modern look.
How to wear a short dress with sneakers?
Just like with a long dress, sneakers perfectly dress a short little dress. Again, all styles of sneakers can be paired with a short dress. Make according to the print of your dress and don’t forget that white is the easiest to combine!
- Choose a dress with a modern cut this year: wrap dress, shirt dress, skater dress, denim dress.
- Opt for the nineties style which is at the heart of the trend (dress with epaulettes, balloon sleeves, asymmetrical cuts).
- For a fashion-forward look, opt for wedge sneakers, Dad Shoes or platform sneakers.
Pair a black dress with sneakers
The black dress is the basis of the feminine wardrobe. Short or long, chic or casual, it is one of the essential fashion items. Are you looking for a cool and easy to create outfit? Go for a black dress with sneakers , nothing easier to combine! Again, all types of sneakers can be paired with a black dress.
- If you want a more classic look with your black dress, always opt for fine sneakers.
- If you are looking for a trendy look : the new trend of the moment is running shoes and Dad Shoes . These models are doing very well for an urban outfit and for a chiccasual look. We like to associate them with a black dress, which allows us to choose them colored and / or bi-material for a sparkling look.
In summary :
- The dress-sneakers association is ultra trendy.
- You can wear sneakers with a short or long dress, in summer and winter (with tights).
- White sneakers go with all styles of dresses.
- Choose this type of sneaker: Converse, Van’s, Air Force 1, Dad Shoes, running shoes etc.