The chinos are one of the pants to have absolutely in your wardrobe. Its cut is flattering for most silhouettes, making it an ally of choice for creating different looks. A new centerpiece in the feminine wardrobe, chinos are a must-have for casual looks, just like the indestructible jeans. Did you think that the chinos cut was reserved for office wear? Well no, we can even wear chinos for a wedding ! Here is our complete guide to learning how to dress with chinos. How to accessorize your outfit? What shoes to wear with chinos? All of our recommendations are in this article.
What are chinos?
Chinos are pants that belong to the style of casual pants . Its fabric is generally cotton twill, a material also used for making certain denims. Much less formal than tailored pants but more dressed than jeans, chinos are a good compromise for many outfits. Not only is its fabric lighter than most casual pants, but it also goes well with many pieces. You can wear chinos at the office , for going out or for a trip with friends. Its cut is generally high waist with or without darts at the waist and rather straight or tapered cut on the bottom of the leg.
Chinos for what morphology?
The chino pants cut is suitable for almost all body types.
- For fine women, chino is perfect. It can be worn in all its forms, in both casual and chic fashion.
- For little girls, chinos have the advantage of lengthening the legs if you choose it tapered on the lower leg (do not forget to wear it with heels).
- For adults, it’s a very flattering cut. You can choose it in straight or slim cut. Be sure to choose more marked colors on your upper body if you don’t want to look too tall.
And the chino pants for round women?
It is the perfect pants to hide the curves. Its straight cut and high waist camouflages unsightly bulges and lengthens the silhouette without shaping the hips! Its cut is super comfortable and its material is much lighter than its alter ego, jeans.
What to wear with chinos?
There are a multitude of options for creating a cool look with chinos. As with every fashion piece, the assemblies will mainly depend on your clothing style.
What top with chinos for women?
It all depends on the desired look. The choice of your top will mainly depend on the event you are going to and your basic clothing style. Here are some ideas for knowing which top to wear with chinos.
- For an office look, the ideal top remains the white shirt. Opt for beige chinos and wedge sandals to complete your look. Also remember to belt your pants to mark the workwear spirit.
- For a sophisticated look, choose blouses or shirts with refined materials such as lace, embroidery or silk.
- Looking for casual outfits? A basic V-neck t-shirt or a tank top in summer will do the trick!
Also, be sure to match the colors of your pants and top. For example, if you ‘re wearing a navy blue chinos for women , opt for a beautiful sailor shirt or a white top to create an interesting contrast between the top and bottom of your outfit.
Which jacket with women’s chinos?
- The blazer is a great choice of jacket to wear with your pants. It accentuates the chic side in no time and feminizes your outfit.
- The perfecto will give an ultra modern touch to your look.
- The bomber jacket is also very comfortable to wear in mid-season with chinos.
- Finally, the trench can accompany a classic look to perfection.
What shoes with chinos?
Most shoes go perfectly with chinos. To give style to your outfit, dare shoes with a trendy print like python or leopard. It’s a great way to bring a modern twist to neutral-colored pants. The chinos are mostly in classic and neutral colors, colored shoes will immediately give character to your outfit. In summer, you can choose pumps for a chic outfit or mule sandals or sneakers for a casual style. In winter, we opt for heeled boots. The derbies are interesting to play on the trendy feminine / masculine style.
How to wear chinos in winter?
In winter, we opt for a warmer material than cotton: thick canvas or corduroy! We turn to colder colors such as gray, navy blue, beige, khaki for easier tuning of pieces.
However, there is no need to confine yourself to these colors if you like colorful looks. You can try a burgundy, mustard yellow or electric blue to add some pep to your outfit. Be aware that white pants are also a great choice in winter. Find out here how to wear white pants . What sweater to wear with chinos? For a classic style, opt instead for a fine sweater with a V-neck. For a more sought-after style, we will prefer a thicker mesh slightly oversized.
In summary :
Chino pants are one of the casual / casual pants to have in your wardrobe. With its flattering cut, it is suitable for all silhouettes. Whether you are thin, large, small or round, chinio is for you!