Formerly associated with bikers, the leather skirt which was reserved for “bad girls” has become a flagship item in women’s ready-to-wear collections. It never ceases to inspire fashion designers from around the world who constantly bring it up to date. You will understand, it is impossible to pass by, in summer as in winter. The leather skirt has indeed imposed itself in our wardrobes. Thanks to its modern and ultra feminine spirit, it allows us to juggle between different casual, chic or sophisticated styles.
Do you hesitate to take the plunge and don’t know how to wear the leather skirt? It is true that finding inspiration is sometimes complicated and more particularly in winter when the cold weather arrives. What tights, what shoes, what type of coat to wear with a leather skirt? So many questions that trot us in the head and sometimes prevent us from taking the plunge.
However, there are a multitude of possible looks with the leather skirt in winter. Discover all our look ideas to wear the leather skirt perfectly this winter .
With what look to wear the leather skirt?
The leather skirt, flagship of the Glam ‘Rock look
If there is one material that immediately immerses us in a rock’n’roll universe, it is leather. So if you want a rock look without falling into the cliché of the biker on the return, follow our advice to wear the leather skirt in a rock way . Here’s how to choose your outfit:
- To cut the skirt: choose a short high-waisted leather skirt with a straight or trapeze cut .
- For the choice of the top: opt for a T-shirt or a grunge style top !! The Danish designer Anine Bing excels in this area but you will also find it everywhere in the stores because it is the big trend this year.
- For the choice of jacket: for a perfect look, we will obviously opt for a black perfecto with zipper or a fitted black blazer.
- For the choice of accessories: depending on the chosen accessories you can get an ultra glam ‘rock look or something more casual. It’s up to you to make your choice in terms of dosage, but above all do not overload your outfit.
- What shoes to wear with a leather skirt for a rock look? : This year, the trend is again with studded ankle boots but you can also associate it with a pair of sneakers to break the 100% rock side and give a cool attitude to your outfit.
We often opt for the traditional black leather skirt, but we can also get an ultra rock look with a silver leather skirt for example.
How to wear the leather skirt for a casual look?
For an ultra trendy casual look, go for white at the top and bottom that you will associate with a short black leather skirt! We often wonder what shoes to wear with a leather skirt ? How not to make our look vulgar? If your skirt is short, then your best choice is undoubtedly the pair of white sneakers. If you want something more refined, opt for ankle boots, Chealsea style or studded. Vary according to your mood and the occasion.
Here are two inspirations for a casual look to wear your leather skirt this year:
- Pair your leather skirt with a white t-shirt and a pair of white sneakers
- Combine your leather skirt with a white shirt (the perfect option for going to work and making your outfit)
Whatever it is bet on the minimalist side by wearing only very little jewelry and if you want to add a vest, opt for nude tones with large stitches.
The leather pencil skirt for a sophisticated look
The pencil skirt is undoubtedly the most feminine and sophisticated skirt among the many cuts of existing skirts. The leather pencil skirt is perfect for a formal event! If you’re looking for outfit ideas for an evening leather skirt , start by opting for a pencil leather skirt. Once you find the perfect skirt for you, be careful what type of top you choose. With the pencil leather skirt , the ideal is a high neck top or a long sleeve top. A great combination for work, for example, is to wear it high with a long-sleeved shirt. You will undoubtedly get a successful businesswoman look!
If you want a less formal look while remaining sophisticated with your leather pencil skirt, you can also choose a plaid shirt, a wool sweater or a pretty cashmere sweater that you will tuck inside your skirt as on the photo below. The total black look works very well with the leather skirt. This type of cut looks like the ones you can wear when you have curves. Although some may sometimes hesitate and say that the leather skirt is reserved for thin sizes, know that one can very well wear a leather skirt if one is round . Just choose a sheath leather skirt model that will perfectly highlight your figure.
What outfit with my leather skirt in winter?
Mesh + Leather skirt
If you are looking for an idea for an outfit with a leather skirt in winter, know that leather and mesh go perfectly. Large knitted sweater, large knitted cardigan, XXL loose sweater, you are spoiled for choice. Play with shapes and materials.
For a modern look, be sure to wear your knit correctly by tucking only one side of your sweater into the skirt.
Blazer + Leather skirt
For a chic and casual look, you can simply add a blazer to your t-shirt or shirt.
Choose your coat with a leather skirt
- If your skirt is short, we advise you to opt for a long straight coat. A wool coat will be perfect. For mid-season, we can even associate a trench.
- If you wear a long leather skirt, the bourgeois trend is back this winter. So you can opt for a very chic blazer that you will wear around your waist.
- If you wear a long pleated leather skirt , you will make all the difference by associating your skirt with a pretty bomber jacket which will be worn open on a fine mesh.
What tights to choose with my leather skirt?
It is often in winter that we no longer know how to match the leather skirt in the cold. Full of hesitation and faced with the fear of making a “fashion” faux pas, this favorite piece ends up staying in the closet, lack of ideas to match it. However, finding the tights to wear with a leather skirt allows you to create a well-defined personal look and often brings the final touch to your outfit. This is why you must take special care in choosing your tights!