Among all the existing dresses, the skater dress is one of the most flattering for the silhouette. What is a skater dress? It is a dress with a fitted waist and a flared cut that emphasizes femininity and elegance. Their name comes from the outfits worn by figure skaters. Do you know the little skirts that take off during artistic figures? The skater dress is easy to style depending on the occasion: wedding, cocktail dress, casual chic look or even office dress, it is perfect in all circumstances. It also has the advantage of being worn both in winter and in summer. But then what morphology is the skater dress made for? How to wear it and choose the right accessories? What shoes to wear with your skater dress? Follow our guide and the skater dress will have no secrets for you!
What morphology for a skater dress?
The skater dress fits almost all different types of body types . Here’s how to wear the skater dress according to your body type:
If you have a morphology in A:
Reminder of the morphology in A: wide hips, well-marked waist, shoulders narrower than the hips.
- Focus on the upper body by adding volume
- Choose a strapless dress with a voluminous neckline (for example a pretty drape)
- Bet on a deep neckline
- Draw the eye to the top of your dress by choosing for example a dress with lace on the upper body
- Your dress should be flared to hide the wide hips
If you have a figure 8
Reminder of the morphology in 8: luscious silhouette, generous shapes, wide hips.
- Wear a flared dress is a very good choice to refine and mark your size
- The short skater has the advantage of refining the silhouette by putting forward slender legs
If you have a V shape:
Reminder of the morphology in V: square shoulders, marked waist, thin legs, narrow hips.
- Pay attention to the lower body
- The skater dress will feminize your figure
- It will soften your upper body by highlighting your long, thin legs
- Choose round necks and avoid deep necklines
- Go for a short skater dress
If you have an H morphology:
Reminder of the morphology in H: slim silhouette, slightly marked waist, shoulders and hips of equal width.
- Avoid marking your size too much, make sure it is not too tight
- Choose a skater dress that will focus more on your neckline
- Opt for patterned dresses: sequins, sequins, flowers etc …
- Choose it short
If you have an O morphology:
Reminder of the morphology in O: generous chest, slightly marked waist, narrow shoulders, wide hips and luscious buttocks. The skater dress when you are round is not always a first choice and yet it is perfectly suited to this type of morphology. Just choose a particularly suitable cut:
- Focus on your size
- Choose a rather light and fluid material
- Opt for solid and dark tones rather than prints and light
- Be careful not to reveal your arms too much
- Highlight your neckline
How to wear a skater dress?
What jacket to wear with a skater dress?
It can be difficult to know with which type of jacket to associate your skater dress . Everything will depend on the general style you want to give to your look.
- For a chic and rock look: combine your skater dress with a perfecto! It is the perfect jacket to accentuate the size and highlight the flared shape of the skater dress. It’s
- a modern way to wear the skater dress for any occasion.
- For a casual look: you can choose to wear a long cardigan, a fitted jacket or a denim jacket
- For your coats: choose them long to stay sophisticated
What shoes with a skater dress?
The skater dress is an ultra feminine piece, we think above all about accessorizing it with a nice pair of heels. However, as it is a dress that can be worn in winter as well as in summer, it can very well be worn in casual chic mode during the heat and opt for flat sandals or sneakers of the Gazelles type from Adidas . In winter, we mainly put on high heels or heeled boots with tights to highlight a slender figure.
Be careful not to overdo it! Bet above all on elegance and sobriety if your dress already has printed patterns, sequins or sequins. A necklace or a pretty pair of earrings will do the trick! On the bag side, we will prefer small leather goods as an elegant clutch, a small size bag with a chic strap but above all we forget the large leather goods which are not very suitable for the style of the dress.
The skater dress: the perfect chic outfit for a wedding
We all agree that finding a perfect outfit for a wedding is not easy! Whether you are a witness or a simple guest, you want to be beautiful and put on your 31. We often start on a dress, jumpsuit or chic outfit in which we will feel elegant and up to par. ‘event. We know the codes to be respected so as not to make missteps, like not wearing jeans, sneakers, overly vulgar dresses or even white dresses! Conversely, when it comes to choosing the perfect dress, we hesitate between long dress and short dress and faced with the multitudes of cuts of existing dresses we no longer know where to go … If you are lost, know that the skater dress is the ultimate chic dress and very easy to wear for a wedding . It is particularly well for a country wedding outfit . Its very flattering and voluptuous cut makes it a most elegant dress thanks to the underlined size. You can choose it with a pretty bare back, lace, a V-neck … You will be spoiled for choice.
Some tips to follow:
- Choose a noble material like muslin, lace, silk etc.
- Why not opt for a skater dress with bare shoulders?
- Opt for a sequined dress
- Play with transparency
- Accessorize your skater dress with a pretty clutch and heels to enhance your look
- If it’s winter, you can opt for long lace sleeves
- If you have a large chest, be careful not to choose a neckline that is too deep, prefer round necks
Stay discreet about the jewelry: do not add a necklace to your dress, rather wear a nice pair of dangling earrings that will finalize your outfit.