The cold is coming, it’s time to reorganize our dressing room for warm and comfortable outfits. Cozy coats, cocooning sweaters, large mesh vests and tights are invading our closets. But what about our pretty little dresses? It’s winter so what? Who said we should put away our legs? Putting femininity aside is out of the question! There are lots of pretty dresses to wear when it’s cold! If you want to combine warmth, comfort and style, why not opt for a trendy sweater dress ?
Perhaps you have some reluctance to choose this style of cut for fear of being too tight or not knowing how to wear a sweater dress ? To help you, we have prepared a complete guide to the sweater dress for you . How to choose it according to your morphology? How to accessorize your sweater dress for a trendy look?
Which sweater dress cut to choose?
There are several models of sweater dress:
- The classic sweater dress with a straight or form-fitting cut.
- The oversized sweater dress : a flagship trend this winter. You’ve probably noticed, this year oversize is in fashion. Whether for your blazers, coats or other pieces, we love the casual chic effect that oversize gives to our different looks. An oversized dress is therefore is a very good choice to get a sophisticated look this winter.
- The turtleneck sweater dress : one of the best choices for staying warm all winter.
- The long sweater dress: undoubtedly trendy and ideal for tall women.
- The sweater-sweater dress: perfect for sportswear looks.
Wear a sweater dress when you’re round
The mesh is not always an obvious choice when you have shapes. How to wear the sweater dress when you are round without being bent? Know that it is quite possible to have curves and to wear a sweater dress.
If you fully assume your curves: opt for a tight-fitting sweater dress and play on the sexy side!
Also favor the V-necks without abusing the neckline so as not to appear vulgar if you already have a large chest.
Can you wear a sweater dress when you are little?
How not to appear packed when wearing a sweater dress when you are little ? You just need to properly accessorize your outfit to enhance your look. For that, obviously choose boots or ankle boots to gain a few centimeters and refine your silhouette. Also opt for a haircut that will give you height! High comforter, bun on the top of the skull … in short, you will have understood the idea is to appear larger!
It can be straight, oversize or many different cuts but what matters is not to choose a model that is too long. Immediately forget about the long or mid-length sweater dresses that would reach your knees.
How to accessorize a sweater dress
Do you feel like wearing a sweater dress is nothing but a long sweater and something is missing from your outfit? Forget this idea! Yes, the sweater dress is in some ways a dress version of a simple long sweater, that’s right. Properly accessorized, you can create a sexy, modern and chic look with your sweater dress. Here are all our tips to perfectly accessorize your sweater dress .
With a belt
The sweater dress can quickly appear “plan-plan” if the accessories are poorly chosen. The rule of thumb is therefore to choose trendy accessories to enhance the overall tone of the outfit and make it look ultra trendy. This year, belts are everywhere! Belts are blazers, pleated skirts, dresses and even coats. What belt to wear with a sweater dress?
- Choose it rather wide in black, burgundy, camel or animal patterns to follow the trends of this season.
- Wear it at the waist and give a loose effect to your dress just above the belt.
- Opt for belts with a buckle or a clasp in the center, they are very fashionable this year.
What jacket to wear with a sweater dress?
The sweater dress is already warm and rather bulky, we can rightly wonder with what type of jacket we will be able to associate it.
It’s very simple, you have to choose your jacket taking into account your body shape but also according to the model of sweater dress you have chosen.
We tell you which jacket to wear with your sweater dress?
- If your sweater dress is a sportswear dress and you wear it with sneakers: opt for a knitted cardigan and don’t be afraid of the double knit effect. Make sure it is always as long as your sweater dress. You can also add a large scarf to enhance your look.
- If you like rock looks: opt for a perfecto leather combo, studded boots and sweater dress! The perfecto is the perfect jacket for this style of outfit, as is the denim jacket!
- For an elegant look, you can wear a black fitted suit jacket and make a nice reminder if your shoes are also black.
Have you chosen an oversized sweater dress and can’t find what to wear over it? Do not panic, with an oversized sweater dress we opt for peacefully for a long straight coat ! On the one hand it is one of the trendy coats of winter 2019/2020 and on the other hand it will bring a chic touch to your outfit!
With which shoes to wear a sweater dress
This winter again waders are emerging as a strong trend in “it-shoes”. We see them everywhere. They are the perfect accessory to be worn with a sweater dress. They bring chic to your outfit while keeping your legs warm. They will go particularly well with an oversized sweater dress with large mesh. Discover our tips for wearing thigh high boots in style.
What looks for a sweater dress With sneakers?
Sneakers are also a very good choice for your looks with your sweater dress! If you like sportswear looks , they will give you a cool and trendy style. They are also perfect if you have chosen a long sweater dress. Now that you’ve discovered how to wear the sweater dress this winter, why not take a look at the trendy outfits for this fall !