Timeless and elegant, the trench coat is a must have in our wardrobe. He accompanies us throughout the year through ready-to-wear collections. The trench coat is perfect for fall and mid-season when the weather becomes rainy and we are not yet ready to put out our warm winter coats. But it is also worn in summer, to go from a warm day to a cool evening in style or in winter, with a warm wool model.
Although it is a centerpiece to have, it can sometimes be boring if it is poorly accessorized and it is not always easy to find the one that suits us best in terms of cut. You will understand, the trench coat is not ready to go out of style and we like to revisit it for the start of the school year. For a fresh and trendy look, follow our fashion tips to choose the right trench coat.
Find the perfect cut
The military cut of the trench is over! Nowadays, you will see it oversized, adjusted or even fluid . The ready-to-wear brands are constantly reinventing it to adapt to all the most modern styles. Among this wide choice of cuts, it is not always easy to choose. And yet, the cut you choose is crucial and a few important details will make all the difference! First, make sure you have a good fit at the sleeves and shoulders. Watch out for oversized shoulders that will break your figure, or sleeves that are too short or too long.
Keep in mind that there are three Trench lengths:
- Short trenches: they stop at the hips at the lowest.
- Medium-sized trenches: these are the most common ones that generally arrive at or just above your knees.
- Long trench coats: they will descend below the knee to the level of the calves or ankle.
Each woman will have her preferences and certain lengths will better suit certain body types. For example, tall women are less likely to go for short trenches. But there are no specific rules, the best is to try different cuts and observe the visual rendering. Trust yourself!
Do you have a small size and wonder if the trench is for you?
Rest assured, the trench is not reserved for women of large sizes! You just have to choose the cut that suits you best. Warning: even if you are small, you can opt for a long or short trench. In reality, everything is a question of style. You flashed on a long model? Follow our advice: choose the right accessories and give maximum style to your outfit. Dare to think outside the box and impose your look like the beautiful Noholita .
Do you want to stay on something more classic but just as effective? For a successful look, opt for high-waisted skinny jeans with ankle boots or heels. This combo will be a very nice combination and will enhance your figure by refining it and making it slender.
Do you have curves and are wondering if the trench is for you?
The answer is yes, it’s a piece you can wear. Just be sure to choose a fluid and light model so as not to weigh down your figure and preferably wear it open. A good option is also that of belting your trench “in martingale”, it means that the belt will be doubly knotted at the back to obtain a well marked size.
Dare to color
Although the beige trench is still the most common color, there are a multitude of possible colors to wear the trench in a trendy way. Why not try a nice pastel for spring or early fall? Dare the royal blues, the reds which are very elegant, the persimmons which will undoubtedly give you a modern look…. We all have colors that highlight us. Rather matte skin tones can afford bright colors while very light skins will go more easily on neutral or pastel colors. To find out what your color is, no miracle recipe, you have to try and see what best suits your skin type.
Choose your shoes with a trench coat
Women often wonder what type of shoes to wear with the trench coat? Can we dare the sneakers? Will flat moccasin-style shoes give me a classic BCBG look? Many questions which in reality should not be cause for concern. You will see that the trench combines very well with most of the trendy shoe models. We will still give you some advice depending on the length of your trench coat:
- If you chose it short, then favor high heel boots or pumps but watch out for the boots that will shorten the length of your legs.
- If you chose it in medium size, then it will be perfect with ankle boots.
- If you have chosen it long, opt for flat shoes instead. A beautiful pair of sneakers associated with a maxi trench will immediately give an ultra trendy look.
Accessorize your trench: the final step!
Combine your trench with badly chosen accessories and your look will be out of date. On the other hand, associate your trench coat with the right accessories and you will become the queen of fashion !
- Abuse scarves and shawls. They are your allies for a perfect look with a trench coat.
- Dare the felt hats.
- Treat yourself and match your trench to a shoulder bag for a cool look.
- This year, the “fanny pack” trend also works very well with the trench. Fall for the leather Model Number Six in Polene for absolute elegance.
- Dare to replace your belt with a pretty scarf.
- Do not forget to wear a nice watch that will surpass your wrist discreetly during your movements for a chic and urban look.
3 ultra stylish trends to wear the trench coat
The perfect look when it rains
The leather leggings , big trend ready-to-wear winter 2019 is the perfect ally for your outfit. Wear it with a cute pair of rain boots or sneakers for a modern look.
Pair your trench with a pretty dress
One of the best options for a feminine and glamorous look with your trench, is to wear a dress and tie the trench while accessories it to a beautiful pair of high heels. Choose your short dress preferably or at the knees. If you are looking for a safe bet, the little black dress will work every time.
The must-have Burberry trench
Are you looking for a trendy and refined look? The Burberry trench, a pioneer in the field, remains a must. To wear it without making a bad move, combine your trench coat with your most beautiful pair of moccasins, raw jeans and a small sailor shirt and you will have the perfect successful preppy look , the look of the elite of British universities.
- 1 Find the perfect cut
- 2 Do you have curves and are wondering if the trench is for you?
- 3 Dare to color
- 4 Choose your shoes with a trench coat
- 5 Accessorize your trench: the final step!
- 6 3 ultra stylish trends to wear the trench coat