In recent years, the trend of country weddings has not been able to escape you. Uniting in an idyllic setting, surrounded by flowers and nature for one of the most romantic moments, makes the bride and groom dream. But what about in reality? Very often, the ceremony is in the middle of nowhere and here we have to brave the wet grass while remaining high perched on our pretty ceremonial heels. It’s not always easy to choose a suitable outfit! The challenge is threefold: find the perfect guest outfit, be in the theme of the country wedding and be comfortable in the outfit we wear. So how do you dress to go to a country wedding? Which shoes to choose? What accessories to be neither too chic nor too casual and blend into the rustic theme of the wedding?
The bohemian and romantic world of country weddings
That’s it you are invited to a country wedding, nice it promises to be romantic! But what exactly? What is the style of a country wedding? The spirit will be rural! This means that the wedding will be on the theme of nature. You may find yourself in the shade of a century-old oak tree, under an old stone barn or in a beautiful flower garden. If the weather permits, the evening may take place outside.
The newlyweds have chosen this theme and are counting on their guests to bring out their most beautiful bohemian chic outfits to celebrate the event. No question therefore of arriving with an overly casual outfit. A little taste of the decor of country weddings:
- Flowers everywhere, vegetation
- Wood and natural materials
- Noble materials such as lace to mix chic and rustic
- Sober tones, exit flashy colors
In reality, during a country wedding, the color codes are quite simple: we put on solid tones or flower patterns. Pastels are very popular for this type of ceremony. Think romantic and be romantic!
How to dress for a chic country wedding?
While choosing your outfit may seem obvious for a classic wedding, things get complicated when looking for the perfect outfit for a themed wedding! However, there are very simple rules to follow to find the outfit you need for a country wedding . This theme being fashionable and bohemian being more trendy than ever, you will see that the stores are full of pretty nuggets for your chic country look.
What is the dress code for a country wedding?
Here are some basics for choosing your outfit if you’re invited to a rustic wedding:
- Choose sober colors
- Choose pastel shades: soft yellow, pink, blue, green, purple, lilac, purple…
- Forget colors with dark tones like black which is not of circumstance
- Choose beautiful materials such as lace, silk or tulle
- If you are looking for a print to wear: bet on flowers
- The gingham print is also perfect for a country ceremony
- If you like flowers but sparingly, why not choose a simple floral detail? A cuff, a beautiful floral crown or a pretty vintage clutch…
- Opt for flowing and long dresses with a bohemian chic spirit
- If you don’t want to dress: you can adopt high-waisted pants with a lace top or a silk shirt. The combinations are also very practical and very chic for going to a wedding.
What dress to wear at a country wedding?
There are several types of dresses that will blend perfectly with the decor of a rustic wedding. Let us not forget that the country wedding is a mixture of romanticism and modernity. To know what dress to wear at a country wedding , the ideal is to draw inspiration from the vintage style of the past. If you delve into the 1940s, you will find many inspiring looks to find a beautiful dress. At the time, it was the trend for dresses and pleated skirts , mid-calf length with a very marked size and ultra feminine.
Still staying in the vintage inspiration of retro chic, we can also go and get inspired by dresses from the 50s and 60s with Vichy dresses , polka dot prints, flower prints and cocktail dresses ultra marked at the waist. You can also look for the bohemian chic style with its long flowing dresses with floral prints and pastel shades. We often think of long dresses but short dresses (skater or trapeze style) are just as suitable for this type of wedding.
Chic country wedding: the accessories that will make all the difference!
Accessories are more important than ever at a country wedding. As we have seen, flowers often predominate in this style of ceremony. However, it is difficult to adopt a flowery look and it is not suitable for everyone. A good compromise is then to bet on the accessory that will make all the difference for your outfit.
Here are several chic and trendy accessories to enhance your outfit.
Let’s start with the accessories for your hair: whether you choose a braided hairstyle or a pretty wavy, you can bring a romantic touch by adding a barrette in your hair. Why not put on some elegant and discreet pearls? You can also opt for the perfect accessory for a chic country wedding: the flower crown . If you have chosen a long bohemian dress, the flower crown will be the accessory you need for a successful outfit.
The choice of handbag: the spirit of marriage being minimalist, it is out of the question to come with your tote bag or your usual leather bag. We opt for elegant pockets that will be hand-held. You can find beautiful ornate pockets at lower prices in many well-known stores such as Zara, New Look etc. You can choose to match the pouch to the color of your shoes.
What outfit for a man invited to a rustic wedding?
Women often break their heads to know what to put on, but what about the side of these gentlemen? Men’s guest attire for a country wedding is pretty easy to find. Here are a few tips to get a perfectly themed look:
- Choose cotton, linen or tweed shirts
- Try chinos ! It’s the perfect cut for country style
- Choose pants or a suit in neutral tones: beige, navy blue, green.
- Bet on accessories: a liberty bow tie, suspenders, a floral tie…
- 1 The bohemian and romantic world of country weddings
- 2 How to dress for a chic country wedding?
- 3 What is the dress code for a country wedding?
- 4 What dress to wear at a country wedding?
- 5 Chic country wedding: the accessories that will make all the difference!
- 6 What outfit for a man invited to a rustic wedding?