It’s a wrap! The wrap skirt is a fashionable all-rounder: Whether made of cotton, corduroy, silk, chiffon or leather, in muted colors or bright neon tones – in the coming season there will be wraps as much as possible. And if you are not yet convinced, you should take a look at it. The Scots have sworn by it for a long time and the wrap skirt was also very popular in the 90s. Back then, especially as a summer beach companion in a pareo look. But the modern look has little to do with it and instead of on the beach, wrap skirts are now also worn in the office. Then best in the noble version made of leather, chiffon or silk. But materials such as cord , linen or tweed are also difficult to come by. Particularly practical: Leather skirts are ideal companions even at somewhat cooler temperatures and a great eye-catcher in combination with ankle boots and knitted sweaters!
Fashion trend wrap skirt among designers
The two overlapping edges, which allow a quick look at the legs with every movement, without being too irritating – that is what makes the wrap skirt so special. And the designers also love wrap skirts and the subtle sexiness that the small slit on the leg exudes. Labels like Proenza Schouler, Altuzarra, Off-White or Dion Lee therefore sent their models on the runway in wrap skirts – bloggers and street style stars did not take long to ask and quickly brought the look to the streets of the fashion metropolises and during fashion weeks the wrapped skirts could be seen everywhere. Particularly popular: pastel shades such as pistachio green or coral red – chosen by Pantone as the trend color 2019 .
Midi is the new mini – and a real figure flatterer
Everyone agrees on the length: Midi is the new Mini. Not only in the office, but also in your free time, knee-length wrap skirts are simply a good choice and really suit every woman. In addition, midi skirts are real figure flatterers and conjure up a great silhouette. Especially when the skirt is fitted and loose. Leg slits also stretch and look subtly sexy. Simple shirts, blouses or knitted pieces go well with this. Tucking the top, i.e. sticking it into the skirt waistband, this also emphasizes the waist. The business look is rounded with simple pointed pumps. Otherwise, mules or loafers make an excellent wrap skirt, but booties or ankle boots are also a good choice. The look becomes particularly casual with sneakers .
Combine wrap skirts – the tricks of the professionals
- Classic look: Combine wrap skirt with a basic shirt that can be tucked into the skirt or knotted at the front. Combine pumps or ankle boots for the office; chucks also look great in everyday life.
- With the cocktail there are beautiful models made of satin or silk, which are also perfect as an outfit for a wedding . Simply combine a top or a silk blouse.
- In addition to simple shirts and blouses, bodysuits are a good choice for a wrap skirt.
- skilful break in style and play with materials: oversize hoodie for a fine silk wrap skirt or a linen wrap skirt for a fine silk top. Also great: delicate chiffon or silk tops with a leather wrap skirt.
- Vokuhila wrap skirts with slits put the legs in the limelight. The higher the leg slit, the less excited the rest of the outfit should be!
- If you don’t want to show so much leg, put a shirt dress underneath. This creates an exciting layering effect.
especially popular: tone-on-tone combinations
The wrap skirt in its new variety
In addition to leather, tweed, silk or chiffon wrap skirts, natural materials are also making a comeback in the new season. Skirts and tops made of linen to bags made of straw and bast and summer espadrilles or sandals spray pure summer mood! This will finally prove that the wrap skirt can really do everything – from business to parties to the beach, we are ideally equipped for the new fashion season with it. And it is also a good choice for the next festival outfit . Happy changing!